Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Tweet! Tweet!

A post all about Twitter!  How interesting!

I must say, like the majority of the world, I am obsessed with Twitter.  I figured I could cut down on my theater tweets that none of my “unenlightened” friends will understand or find comedic by starting a blog.  And now to get more blog readers, I made a Twitter account for the blog.  Theater Eater is now up and running in the Twitterverse!!! Follow the blog @TheaterEater.  I will let you know when I have a new post and maybe some day to day theater geek tweets. 

One of my favorite things about Twitter is getting to see what my favorite theater stars have to say.  Some of the stars I follow include:  Kristin Chenoweth (@KChenoweth), Lea Michele (@msleamichele), Alice Ripley (@RIPLEYTHEBAND), and Nick Adams (@TheNickAdams).  I am following all of these people and more on @TheaterEater, so feel free to browse my peeps and pick some for yourself.  Some of them are pretty hilarious.

So now I figured I would give you my Top 5 favorite theater people to follow on Twitter.  These are in no particular order.

1) Lea Michele from Spring Awakening and Glee (@msleamichele) – Lea tweets…A LOT!  She practically lives on Twitter, but hey, I’m not complaining!  She tweets pictures from the Glee set and always talks about her co-stars (not in a gossipy way).  She is pleasant and refreshing. 

2) Nick Adams from Priscilla Queen of the Desert (@TheNickAdams) – Nick is an up-and-coming star on Broadway right now.  He is very humble and responds to his followers often.  If you are looking to reach out to someone on Broadway and get a response, I recommend Nick.  Plus, he’s man pretty. 

3) Susan Blackwell from [title of show] and Side by Side by Susan Blackwell on Broadway.com (@TulitaPepsi) – My God is this woman hilarious!  I have a new obsession with Susan.  Her show on Broadway.com is brilliant.  It is reason enough to follow her on Twitter.

4) The Tony Awards (@TheTonyAwards) – They let you know what is going on in theater and so forth.  I started my Twitter account during the 2010 Tony Awards because my friends complained that I updated my facebook status so much during the broadcast.  You get to see and read about backstage stuff during the show.

5)  Betty Buckley (@BettyBuckley) – Another very gracious star.  She is very sweet and it’s kind of funny she is on Twitter.


Now I have to warn you, not all stars are worth following.  Kristin Chenoweth tweets CONSTANTLY!  It’s pretty annoying.  Don’t get me wrong, I love me some Cheno as much as the next girl, but my God, I do not need to know that you are “getting on the bed bus” every night.  Her sometimes witty tweets to Kathy Griffin are alright, but probably just better to follow Kathy.

ALSO! DO NOT FOLLOW ANYONE WHO CLAIMS TO BE PATTI LUPONE!  Patti does not have a Twitter and will never have a Twitter.  She’s been quoted speaking out against the imposters and Mama ain’t happy!

So now I shall leave you with a lovely song about something else that tweets…a bird!  Yes, I’m quite witty and original!  Here is the song Meadowlark from a flop Patti was in.  The music is beautifully written by Stephen Schwartz and sung by my homegirl Patti.  I promise the next post will feature someone other than Patti.  Maybe I won’t even mention her at all!  Doubtful, but possible!


No comments:

Post a Comment